Monday, October 30, 2006

Tight Schedule

I have chosen tasks for the first Caster milestone. You can see them here. These come from a much larger collection of tasks that I made a few months back with time estimates in hours for completion. I plan to update their status once a week on the web site as part of my accountability and visible progress.

One trick to successful scheduling is to be able to cut features to meet your deadlines--usually based on amount of effort relative to importance. This can be quite painful for engineering types like myself. I console myself with the fact that I can always stick them on the backlog and maybe address them at a future date where more time is made available. In reality, they seldom ever end up getting done, but at least the project does!

No comments:

About Me